Are you interested in learning how to groom your dog at home? Do you have a lovely dog that you want to know how to groom? Are you thinking about dog grooming at home on a routine basis? If the answer is yes, then you should know how to groom your dog at home and save some money (see how much it costs at the groomer here) at the same time. Here are some tips for you on how to groom your dog at home.
Dog Grooming at Home
Grooming Golden Retriever Hair
Golden retrievers tend to shed a lot seasonally. The first and main tool you will need is a deshedding hair brush. To brush his coat, make sure that you use a dog grooming brush that is made for dogs. The best types of brushes are the wire brushes that are bent into two points. Just be sure that the brush does not have bristles that will hurt your dog.
- Recommended By Pet Expert: Pet Grooming tool designed by experts who specialize in animal care. Best for brushing small to big pets. The product reduces pet undercoat shedding by up to 95%. No more nasty hair or fur all over your house, beds, and car.
- Premium Quality: Made from materials that feature a non-irritation 100mm - 4 inch heavy duty replaceable stainless steel pet comb, Durable rubber handle for non-slip grip strong stem-handle that will not break.
- Reduce Coat Irritation: Protects your pet from coat irritation. Also helps prevent damaging the topcoat whilst promoting a soft, smooth and healthier skin coat of your pet. Reduce coat issues with regular brushing of your furry friend that will reduce the chance of reactions in your home.
- Easy to use and comfortable: It will relieve your pet from shedding in just 5 minutes. It saves time, wealth and effort and shows off your expert excellent choice.
- 100% VET Approved: HANK Premium Deshedding tool has been tested to ensure pets' safety. It can be used for all types of dogs and cats breed with long or short hair. Use our Pet Brush Confidently and Keeps your pet well-Groomed and give Gentle care for pet’s hair.
Grooming Golden Retriever Teeth
Dog grooming at home is also necessary for you to properly groom the teeth. Check to make sure that you are cleaning the gums. Always brush your dog’s teeth with a toothbrush that is made for dogs with long, even bristles and is narrow at the center. You want to make sure that you are cleaning the gums, not tearing them.
- These trixie care products are easy to use and clean teeth
- For the dog's complete dental care
- Contains: Toothpaste with pleasant mint aroma(100 g), finger toothbrush, finger massage brush as well as two-sided toothbrush with two different brush heads: Large brush head for front teeth, small brush head for back teeth
Bathing your Golden Retriever
Bathing your dog is messy. When you bathe him, make sure that you get all of his loose hair out of his eyes. This will prevent him from getting irritated while you are taking a bath. If he has an oiled coat, you may have to use a conditioner before you bath him.
Wet the hair thoroughly and work up a gentle lather using a dog shampoo. Take your time and rub and scrub all the nuke and corner of the body. Check for matts and use scissors to cut it out making sure you are careful not to hurt the skin.
- Wahl's shed control shampoo contains lemongrass, sage, oatmeal and aloe to reduce shedding and dander, while leaving the coat clean and refreshed
- Natural plant based ingredients make wahl's shampoo the choice for owners who want to avoid harsh chemicals for both their dog and themselves
- Up to 3 ounces and 5% more surfactants than leading brands
Cleaning Golden Retriever Ears
You need to make sure that your dog has his ears cleaned regularly because the wax stinks. An ear wash is a must before clipping your dog’s nails or if you are going to give him a bath. Ear cleaning is especially important because it will keep dirt and bacteria from building up in your dog’s ears. If you do not do this, then you are going to find that your dog has parasites and ear infections that will make him sick.
You may also use ear drops to ease up a wax. Use tissue paper or baby wipes and gently clean by wiping. Don’t worry, you can hurt the ear drums as they are safely placed deep inside. Just make sure you dont insert hard objects inside the ear.
Golden Retriever Hair-Cut
Keep in mind that shaving a golden retriever dog is not recommended, necessary, or essential. In fact, shaving will cause more harm than good. It may cause skin dryness and a lot of discomfort to your dog. It is always important that you keep the hair shiny and healthy by regular bathing and brushing, giving good diet for health hair growth. Trimming the golden retriever hair once in a while is fine and you can trim a little bit of longer length hair where necessary. For better looks and more professional touch, do visit a dog groomer.
- Complete kit for comprehensive grooming - Our Dog Grooming Scissors with Straight Scissors 6.7 inches + Thinning Scissors 6.7 inches+ Bonus Grooming Comb 6.5 inches + stylish black case. Everything you need in one convenient place.
- Sharp and Durable - Professional pet scissors for grooming are made of high quality stainless steel. Every pet shear blade is sharp enough to trim your pet's hair easily. Perfectly cut long and short hair for dogs, cats.
- Safe Design - All the pet grooming scissors for dogs have Rounded End Tips, can provide security protection when trimming sensitive areas like dogs face, ears, eyes, nose, paws or body without hurting.
- Ergonomic Design - The rubber rings on the handle, can avoid harming your fingers and prevent slipping, making it comfortable to hold. It is also removable, for different finger sizes use.
- Adjustable and Mute - The screw in the middle of the dog cat grooming scissors can be adjusted to loosen or tighten for usage. There is also a silencer pad on the grip so that your pet will not be as scared as electronic clippers.
Well Groomed Golden Retriever
Dog grooming at home is an easy way to maintain the health and looks of your dog. It only takes a few minutes each day to groom your dog, and it does not take as much time as you think. It is a simple process and it is worth it. When you groom your dog, you are not only keeping him looking good, but you are also increasing his energy and his sense of protection. It also builds a bond between you and your dog. Happy Pet Parenting!